Don’t be alarmed if you don’t reap the full benefits of the medication the first few times. It is common for patients to see increased efficacy as they become more comfortable with the medication. Please note that medications to treat sleeping difficulties work best when accompanied by good Sleep Hygiene.
Sleep hygiene techniques include:
- 🌓 Going to bed and rising at regular times
- 😴 Avoiding napping
If necessary, limit to an afternoon ‘power nap’ of 15 to 30 minutes
- 📱 Avoiding exposure to bright light from late evening onwards
This includes blue light from electronic devices e.g. phones, television, computer
- ☕ Avoiding caffeine after midday
- 🏃♂️ Exercising regularly
But avoid vigorous physical activity within 3 hours of bedtime.
- 🥦 Maintaining a healthy diet
- ⬇️ Reducing your intake of alcohol, illicit drugs and cigarettes
- 🧠 Mindfulness & relaxation therapies
Consider having a warm bath or shower before bed.
For further information, please visit the “Help” section in your Pilot profile.
If you find your medication is not working as you expected, please reach out and we can arrange a consultation with your doctor to try a different dose, medication or choose to give it some more time.
You can do this but requesting support here.