Your medicine works optimally when it’s been stored under specific storage conditions. Any breaches to these conditions, unfortunately means that your medication’s safety and efficacy has been compromised.
💉If you have been prescribed a medication that uses a pen:
- Store unused medication between 2°C and 8°C in a refrigerator (not in or too near the freezer section or cooling element). Do not freeze.
- When your medication is being used, you can keep the device for 1 month either at room temperature (below 30˚C) or in a refrigerator (2˚C to 8˚C), away from the cooling element.
If you choose to store your medication below 30˚C (unrefrigerated) for 1 month, please make sure to discard it after 1 month even if there is still some medicine left.
📌 General house-keeping tips:
- Do not expose your medication to heat, direct sunlight or dampness. This can destroy some medicines. Keep away from the bathroom, sink, windowsill or car.
- Do not use your medication after the expiry date printed on the label, carton or blisters. If the expiry only includes a month and year, the expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not use your medication if the solution is not clear and colourless.
If you require additional support, please reach out to our medical support team by messaging us here.